Living with our delightful English weather (and therefore often without sunshine!), a cheeky fake-bake always makes me feel so much better. I love having some colour to my skin, which is easy and without the health risks.
Here’s my 10 top tips for a perfectly safe way of faking it!
- Choose your fake tan product base, whether it be lotion, moisturiser, spray or oil. They all have their benefits. It is really personal preference.
- Read the reviews! Someone else has probably experimented and already tried the product. So learn from others if its rubbish and save your pennies! Expensive doesn’t always mean streak proof.
- Keep it natural. Orange is the new black(/tan)? Wrong.
- We love Fake Bake, the St Tropez range and my latest fave, Moroccan Tan.
Infused with argan oil, this Moroccan grown spray tan is enriched with vitamins for a nourishing, streak free, gorgeous tan. (http://www.moroccantan.co.uk)
- Keep well moisturised on the days before & after application.
- Apply tan to dry, freshly exfoliated skin.
- Go sparingly on your knees and elbows.
- Give your tan a trial run BEFORE your wedding date. This is important to judge the longevity of the tan, the texture and scent of your skin. Test out your tan at least one month before the big day, to see how the colour develops and allow for any possible skin irritation.
- My standard rule applies - don’t try anything new 2-3 weeks before your Wedding Day!
- Be sure you let your Make-up Artist know you intend on tanning to re-match your foundation.
Love our blog? Beauty is best shared. Share here